Backing up contents of eMMC

So far I haven’t been able to get mine updated. I’d very much like to find an .img file that would work by being loaded onto an SD card with something like Win32diskimager. I’m enough of a newbie to Linux that I haven’t learned nearly enough about things like this to do it myself. At 71, I’m a little slow picking up things I’ve read, but I’m working on it so please don’t flame me for asking.

Jim - W0EB

I have to retract my previous statements. Today, the install disks arrived in the mail for Debian and I installed it on my desktop computer - dual boot with Windows 7 Pro. I followed Robert’s instructions and after a few misunderstandings I figured out all the parts of the script. I did have to go out to the Debian website and install some missing dependencies that my Distro couldn’t find (mainly u-boot-tools) but that turned out to be a piece of cake. I managed to get the image installed onto a 16 gig micro SD card and it boots just fine on the BeagleBone Black. Now all I have to do is get the user and passwords changed and figure out how to install and run one of the GUI’s. Good learning experience. BTW, FLDIGI installed just fine using apt-get – I do have a sound card dependency to resolve before it will run but that was because I didn’t have it plugged into the hub when I did the FLDIGI install.

Thanks Robert for that published script – it was a big help once I waded through it.

Jim - W0EB