Basic config for my BBB

Hi,

sorry about the topic title, but I thought I’ll post my questions in one topic instead of splitting up. In case it would be more efficient, I could split them up as well.

1. I want to assign a static address to my newly flashed BBB, but somehow it remains a dynamic one (192.168.1.6) instead of the static one (192.168.1.175). I have configured in the /etc/network/interfaces as in the attachment, tried as well a reboot, but somehow failed. What’s wrong with the config?

2. Since I don’t need the WindowManager which is automatically started I want to disable it to be launched automatically. Where do I need to configure it?

3. I have a 16GB SD-card and wanted to mount on my system. Unfortunately I can only see 1.6GB mounted. I tried to summarize them in the FileSystem.txt-file. Any ideas why I don’t see the remaining 90%?

thx

leo

network-config.txt (789 Bytes)

FileSystem.txt (2.52 KB)

Re-partition it... It looks like at one time you flashed a 2GB.img to
it, since it's just storage, just re-partition it..

Either do it locally via sfdisk/mkfs or use gparted in another system.

Regards,

Re-partition it… It looks like at one time you flashed a 2GB.img to
it, since it’s just storage, just re-partition it…

Either do it locally via sfdisk/mkfs or use gparted in another system.

Re-partioning helped and solved the issue. I tried with command-line mkfs.etx4 + sfdisk but somehow this didn’t work cause some basic entries were missing. I succeeded with gparted and have now 15GB available - which is nice;)

Reg. Window-Manager: I simply uninstalled X11 with

apt-get remove --dry-run --auto-remove --purge libx11-.*

Which leaves only item one unresolved, i.e. network-settings. Any ideas about that?

I figured it out: I have had to uncomment the auto eth0 at the beginning, after this it worked.