BBAI64 no boot while having USB-C HUB externally powered

Hi, this is a strange one to me.

The BBAI64 does not boot (No power LED also) when I have a USB hub that is externally powered.
It boots fine if I power the hub AFTER powering the BBAI64, but our use case might be different.
Also, if I power the hub after the system has boot, and type reboot, everything works fine.
It looks like if the data lines of the USB-C hub have power, the BBAI64 does not boot when plugging the barrel jack. I’ve tried with 2 different USB hub.

The USB Hub with a USB drive draws 230ma when everything is working.

The setup are as follows:

Setup 1

• USB-C hub, cable opened in the middle to cut the V+ wire so it does not reach the BBAI64
  • Ground from power supply is connected to USB hub wire that goes into both the type-C connector of the BBAI64 and the hub
  • External power supply that powers the USB hub
  • Barrel jack that powers the BBAI64

Test 1

• Plug USB-C Hub
  • Power the USB-C hub from the power supply, current draw from power supply is 0
  • Power the BBAI64 from the barrel jack, current draw from power supply is 80ma (?)
  • No power light, BBAI64 not booting

Setup 2

• USB-C hub, cable opened in the middle to cut the V+ wire so it does not reach the BBAI64
  • Ground from power supply is connected to USB hub wire that goes into both the type-C connector of the BBAI64 and the hub
  • Power supply connected to USB hub AND sys_5V on the P9 Header

Test 2

• Powering the power supply that gives 5v
  • BBAI64 Boots, but USB hub is not working

Is there anything we can do to make this work, or would we need to always delay the power of the USB hub?

Did you get this to work? If so, what did you do?