BBB HDMI

Hi,

I’m brand new to Beagle, and I know there is a lot on BBB & HDMI issues, but I have not seen anything like this. I plugged in my BBB for the first time today. I’m using a brand new, good quality HDMI cable and a 5V ps @ 1.5A. I had BBB running with my Visio on HDMI 2 for about an hour. Then, all the sudden the video signal drops. I move my cable box to HDMI 2 and there is video, so the TV HDMI is OK. I move BBB to HDMI 3 and same problem. I did get it to come back after cycling power on the TV and BBB, but it quit after a few seconds. That only worked once too. Are there TV or BBB settings that will make the HDMI more stable?

Thanks!

If it works and then goes away, most likely the board went into sleep mode due to inactivity on the keyboard.

Gerald

Try adding whats below to your /etc/X11/xorg.conf file to prevent the monitor from sleeping.

Section “ServerFlags”

Option “BlankTime” “0”

Option “StandbyTime” “0”

Option “SuspendTime” “0”

Option “OffTime” “0”

EndSection

Section “Monitor”

Option “DPMS”

Identifier “Builtin Default Monitor”

EndSection

It turns out that the problem happens when booting too. But if I leave the Enet disconnected when I boot, it will usually display HDMI OK. After booted, I re-connect the Enet. This works about 70% of the time. I have two of these boards and they both do the same thing.

Are you using Angstrom or Debian?