BBB JTAG for iJet (IAR/Segger)

Does anyone know of a JTAG adapter for the BBB that will connect to the IAR/Segger iJet?

The Samtec FTR-110-03-G-D-06 does not have the correct spacing or pin-out.
The two rows have the correct pin-to-pin spacing but the two rows are too far apart (.05inX.05in pitch)
The IAR interface has the following pinout:
1 VTref 2 SWDIO/TMS
3 GND 4 SWCLK/TCK
5 GND 6 SWO/TDO
7 N/C 8 TDI
9 GNC 10 nRESET
11 TgtPwr 12 N/C
13 TgtPwr 14 N/C
15 GND 16 N/C
17 GND 18 N/C
19 GND 20 N/C

Thanks in advance for any help!!!

Does anyone know of a JTAG adapter for the BBB that will connect to the IAR/Segger iJet?

The Samtec FTR-110-03-G-D-06 does not have the correct spacing or pin-out.
The two rows have the correct pin-to-pin spacing but the two rows are too far apart (.05inX.05in pitch)
The IAR interface has the following pinout:
1 VTref 2 SWDIO/TMS
3 GND 4 SWCLK/TCK
5 GND 6 SWO/TDO
7 N/C 8 TDI
9 GNC 10 nRESET
11 TgtPwr 12 N/C
13 TgtPwr 14 N/C
15 GND 16 N/C
17 GND 18 N/C
19 GND 20 N/C

Thanks in advance for any help!!!

You need an ARM 20Pin JTAG to Compact TI 20Pin JTAG (cTI). Look at TinCanTools -ARM20cTI20 - cTI 20-pin JTAG Adapter Board.

Regards,
John

Thanks John., but that doesn’t have the correct pin-out and is too big

Thanks John., but that doesn’t have the correct pin-out and is too big

Sorry about that, I should have paid more attention to the pinout. FTR-110-03-G-D-06 is the correct part number for the BBB as I have these mounted on my BBB. I don’t understand why every JTAG vendor has to have a different pin layout. I have several JTAG emulators and each requires an adapter for BBB. I’m not aware of any adapter that will match the IAR JTAG to the BBB JTAG. You may have to make your own. If you know how to design a PCB, you could use these guys to make a PCB for $29:

http://www.protoexpress.com/content/noTouch.jsp

What software are you planning to use with the IAR emulator?

Regards,
John

John,
If everyone used the same JTAG it would make things too easy!!!

I’m using IAR EWARM.
Making an adapter board isn’t hard so I guess that’s what I’ll do. I’ll just grad a small pad-per-hole proto board and hotwire it together.

Thanks again for the help!
Grant

John,
If everyone used the same JTAG it would make things too easy!!!

I’m using IAR EWARM.

So no Linux?

No Linux. I plan on porting uC/OS-II and maybe StarterWare for some of the low priority drivers (items where speed isn’t critical to the overall application).

Grant