BBB under Ubuntu => Trying to compile an overlay

Hi,

I’m trying to make an overlay under an Ubuntu distribution. The main idea, is to enable UART4 and configure P9_12 to mode 7.

When I ran this command, i got an error :

dtc -O dtb -o DM-GPIO-Test-00A0.dtbo -b 0 DM-GPIO-Test.dts

DTC: dts->dtb on file “DM-GPIO-Test.dts”

Error: DM-GPIO-Test.dts:15.2-8 syntax error

FATAL ERROR: Unable to parse input tree

What is wrong ?

/*

You must use a patched version of dtc which supports the ‘-@’ argument to successfully compile overlays.

Since you didn’t mention which Ubuntu distribution I can’t say for certain but I’m guessing that you don’t have the patched dtc. Try it and see. If it doesn’t work, then you need a different dtc.

If you search these groups for ‘dtc patch’ I think you will find more information. Without knowing your specific distro I would recommend patching the dtc source code and recompiling it.

Robert Nelson’s latest Ubuntu image has the patched dtc if I recall correctly.

Kleven

Thx,

It looks like that I’m not the first one in this position, and the solutions is given here :

http://eewiki.net/display/linuxonarm/BeagleBone#BeagleBone-Upgradedistro%22device-tree-compiler%22package

But my problem is that it failed to write (No space left on device) … which is really funny, because I’ve nothing else that the Ubuntu distribution.

Are you writing to SD? When using an SD to uSD adapter on my laptop here. I’ve accidentally toggle the write projection switch while putting the adapter into the card reader slot.

Just a thought . . .