BBBAndroid with USB Bluetooth Adapter Support

Sorry, I see the problem. ro.kernel.qemu is set to 1.

I’m commenting out the check. And rebuilding.

I’ll give it a try.

Still crashes :slight_smile:

I’ve got bluetooth finally working. Andrew, what would be the best way to pass you the changes needed?

Thanks again for all your help.

Keith

I’ve got bluetooth finally working. Andrew, what would be the best way to pass you the changes needed?

Patches generated by git are fine. If you know the major parts that you patched, you can also cd into the appropriate directory and do a “git status” to show you which files have changed and just mail me those files (hendersa (at) icculus.org). For subdirectories that are completely new (like the Bluez added into external/), you can just tar up the directory and send it to me. My understanding is that you added in Bluez, modified the build scripts to pull that external project in, patched bionic, and changed the kernel config to build in Bluetooth. Does that sound about right?

Thanks again for all your help.

No problem at all. Thanks for sticking this out and working through all this. I’m sure others will appreciate the effort.

Andrew

Ok I’ll start work on getting it over to you. Basically you are correct. Here are the steps at a high level:

• Add bluez repo to the manifest and told it to not pull bluedroid.
  • Patched bionic, although I see bluez has a patched bionic in a repo for 4.4, maybe I can just change the manifest.
  • Built bluetooth kernel modules from backports, 3.8 is too old
  • Added insmod commands to init.{ro.hardware}.rc “on boot” and added “import init.bluetooth.rc”
  • Commented out qemu=1 check for bluetooth.
  • Had to manually move some libraries to /system/lib/hw/ from /system/lib/

Keith

Hi All,

Hi All I’m trying to do the exact same thing here with bbbandroid. I have an asus 4.0 dongle with the BCM20702A0 chipset. I’m not really experienced when it comes to making my own kernels.
I do understand what you are doing with these high level steps you laid out here. However, I could use some help to actually execute them… I see you are going to include them as patches? Is the patch already available? Where can I find it? Thanks!

Michael

Hi Michael,

I’ve sent them to Andrew to review and hopefully include in bbbandroid. If you’re in a hurry I could email them to you.

Keith

That would be great! I’m in kind of a hurry. At the moment I completer step 2 of the steps you mentioned.

Cheers,
Michael

I have the integration of Bluetooth into BBBAndroid in my work queue, and I’m getting to it, but it will still be a few days (at least).

Hey Andrew,

I received the patch files and the backports from Keith by mail. So I can progress. However, I seem to have a problem when building the backports tree. I included them in the root of the bbbandroid repo and when the kernel is being built in the make process I’m getting the following output/error:

Building modules, stage 2.
MODPOST 1257 modules
make[1]: Leaving directory /home/michael/kernel' make -C backports-3.18.1-1 ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=/home/michael/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-gnueabihf-4.7/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf- KLIB_BUILD=../kernel make[1]: Entering directory /home/michael/backports-3.18.1-1’
/--------------

You shouldn’t run make in the backports tree, but only in
the generated output. This here is only the skeleton code
copied into the output directory. To use the backport system
from scratch, go into the top-level directory and run
./gentree.py /path/to/linux-next/ /tmp/output
and then make menuconfig/… in the output directory. See
./gentree.py --help
for more options.
--
make[2]: *** [modules] Error 1
make[1]: *** [default] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/michael/backports-3.18.1-1’
make: *** [kernel_build] Error 2

Maybe you could shed some light on this?

Thanks,
Michael

Hi Micheal,

In the backports folder can you do a "ls -al" and send me the output.
Also Andrew has yet to review or try my patches.

Keith

hi all !

I’m running a xenomai patched kernel under android for a project purpose. However i need to get the bluetooth working and i can find a true answer if wether or not it is possible to run bluetooth in BBBAndroid 4.2.2 kernel 3.8 !
So i figured maybe you guys have an answer to that question I just want to be sure before buying my BBB.
And if so is it hard to implement ? i’ve seen multiple topics on that subject but yours is the closest !

Hope you can read me !

Thanks in advance

Minh-son PICHELIN