Beagle Bone Black, Configuring LCD pins as GPIO's

Linux ev 4.4.0-112-generic #135-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jan 19 11:48:36 UTC 2018 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I need more GPIO’s and I cannot use GPIO 11 (LCD_DATA15), 81 (LCD_DATA 11) 80 (LCD_DATA 10) and so on.
I get following information form shell config-pin.

TI_AM335x_BeagleBone_Black default gpio gpio_pu gpio_pd gpio_input timer root@beaglebone:/home/s2w# config-pin -l 89 TI_AM335x_BeagleBone_Black default gpio gpio_pu gpio_pd gpio_input timer root@beaglebone:/home/s2w# config-pin -l 11 TI_AM335x_BeagleBone_Black Pin is not modifyable: 11 # <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< root@beaglebone:/home/s2w#

How do I reconfigure the PIN to be modifiable and used as GPIO.
Thank you.

SOLVED:

/boot/uEnv.txt

`

disable_uboot_overlay_emmc=1
disable_uboot_overlay_video=1
disable_uboot_overlay_audio=1
`

Thank you!

I’ve the same problem. I want to use P8.27 to P8.46 as GPIO instead of LCD, but doing only the modification in the uEnv.txt you say, I can’t do it work. When I got the BBB connected to my board, it doesn’t start (only the blue PWR led lights permanent).
Any idea?

Thanks

Hi, I’ve the same problem, it doesn’t start. Do you fix it?. Thank you

Hi @Thang_Le_Danh you replied to an old 3 year post, can you please expand on what issue you are having, or what you are trying to do?

Regards,

Hi,
I think it really depends by the kernel version.
That was long ago and I don’t have that board anymore and I don’t remember the kernel and overlays versioning. I am really sorry.

Hi, I want config LCD_DATA pins to GPIO pins, i uncommented disable_uboot_overlay_emmc=1, disable_uboot_overlay_video=1, disable_uboot_overlay_audio=1 in /boot/uEnv.txt, but I have problem. When I got the BBB connected to my board, it doesn’t start.
Thanks

Is this a production public LCD board, or your own design?

The BeagleBone Black SRM, has a section on LCD/SYS_BOOTx pin limiations here:

https://docs.beagleboard.org/latest/boards/beaglebone/black/ch08.html#boot-pin

Did you follow that document in your design?

Regards,