Beagle Bone Black Firmware Source Code

Hi All,

Actually I want the BBB Firmware source code, to analyze the internal movement of uboot command from prompt to registers of BBB Mircroprocessor. Can anybody help me to get the source code of same ?

Regards.
Ankur

Hi @Ankur the current production u-boot branch for the BBB is located here: Commits · v2022.04-bbb.io-am335x-am57xx · BeagleBoard.org / u-boot · GitLab

Regards,

Hi @RobertCNelson

Uboot code, I do have. I requested for the firmware code of board. Kindly share reference, if you have ? Regards.
Ankur

???

Firmware for the BeagleBone Black???

Maybe this is a translation issue… Please post what you are looking for? Does it have a specific file name, or something else? The am335x does not have any real blobs required to run…

Regards,

Hi Robert,
Thanks for your reply. I am looking for the source code of primary boot loader i.e. BIOS / bootloader source code of BBB. The main point, I want to know what happens after power button press step by step in hardware and software action/event sequence in a detailed manner.If somewhere some document or source code , if available, kindly let me know.
Thanks & Regards.
Ankur

Hi @Ankur , well that’s u-boot.

TI only documents the order of events the internal BOOT rom will take, based on the sysboot pins. (There is no source available for this internal BOOT rom.)

In general, the am335x BOOT rom, will load MLO from storage (MLO comes from u-boot, aka u-boot SPL ) and then MLO loads u-boot-dtb.img also from storage.

Regards,

HI @RobertCNelson,

Thanks for your quick reply. Where will these documents be, the order of events, the internal BOOT rom documents ? As per intel bios, after power on button, a hard coded address is reached by control that address has the address of bootloader then further process go ahead. IN the same manner what happens with TI/BBB. In short, from power till the start of uboot, what happens in details I want to know. Kind;y share some references for these. Even if somewhere this MLO details/documentation is available, please share …

All I want wrt BBB, if possible else whatever nearest …
Regards.
Ankur

You’ll find that right here: https://www.ti.com/lit/pdf/spruh73 Starting at Page: 5017

Regards,