beagle bone black schematics and board design

Hi all,
I am trying to make some modifications to the Beagle Bone Black board but am running into some trouble with the file types that are available through hardware support. I can open the ORCAD file on my student version of ORCAD but need to make some modifications that ORCAD will not let me do with the lite version of the program. I was wondering if anyone found a work around for this. I think if you can open the project in ORCAD you can save it as a different file type that may work in mintor graphics or eagle. Really just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if so how you wound up fixing the issue.
Thanks in advance,
Grant Heileman

PS I have tried the PCB (allegro and gerber) files but my computer keeps trying to assign adobe acrobat as the default program, if I open the .BRD file in eagle it gives me this error.
line 1, column 1: start tag expected.
is there any way I could ad the start tag to this file in notepad, eclipse or something like that? (I attached the file if anyone would like to take a look at it)

BeagleBone_Black_RevB4.brd (5.79 MB)

No need to send out a file that is already on the Wiki for download, especially a file this big.

We have Altium. No Eagle. No Mentor. Someone from Mentor was looking to convert it, but i have not heard form them in a while. Check the Cadence website for information on conversions. I know they have some help on the forums. Not sure if it will help you are not.

Gerald

is there a way on google groups to limit file size ?

Not that I know of. Be nice if there were.

Gerald

Does anyone have any .sch and .brd belaglebone black files that I can open useing Eagle?

I know of no such files.

Gerald

I am attempting to create them now. They import well into Diptrace, but Eagle hasn’t been cooperating. I will post when I am successful, and have verified everything.

I work in Altium and Eagle both. This board is not the kind of board I would want to work on in Eagle. Not even for small changes. Just my 2 cents.

Trust me, i don’t want to either, and will likely not be forever- However, it cannot get the translation right, I won’t be using it at all.

Trust me, i don’t want to either, and will likely not be forever- However, it cannot get the translation right, I won’t be using it at all.

Here is a low cost schematic/pcb package offered by Digikey. Looks interesting.

http://www.digikey.com/designer

Regards,
John