[beagleboard] BBB: No HDMI output

Have you followed everything suggestion on the wiki?

Gerald

Yep, followed
http://circuitco.com/support/index.php?title=BeagleBoneBlack_HDMI

Noticed another thread saying that Ubuntu produced a video output - is it worth trying that to prove the hardware?
Is the HDMI an Angstrom issue?

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/beagleboard/hdmi/beagleboard/27DgDVkHLI8/dw5pw9Q0pLcJ

Generally this is an issue with LCD panels and how they handle HDMI in general And it is an issue with the DRM driver. We are working on it as has has been discussed a ton of times over the last month. There are some panels that just have issues. Others just work without issues. So we are trying to add in some tools to allow the resolution to be set by the user. Hopefully some preliminary SW will show up next week that lets the user set the resolution.

One big issue is bad cables and a lack of ground. The board must be grounded to the same ground as the monitor. This has been the issue with several users. But you already have tried that.

You can request an RMA and get it looked at. If the board is good, then it will work for the RMA team. But you will be in the same position as you are now. Or if they do find a hardware issue, then they will find it and fix it. Your call.

Gerald

Thanks for the fast response.

The HDMI cable is StarTech and I tested the grounded. I tried the BBB on the Samsung TV powered by the TVs USB port to ensure grounding, which booted with ssh, but no video output. I’ve added the EDID for the Samsung below.

I presume it would be worth trying the software tool first. Is there any other tests worth doing first?

I guess an RMA from the UK might take I while if it needs to be sent back to the US (?)

Thanks

Brendan

parse-edid: parse-edid version 2.0.0
parse-edid: EDID checksum passed.

EDID version 1 revision 3

Section “Monitor”

Block type: 2:0 3:fd

Block type: 2:0 3:fc

Identifier “SAMSUNG”
VendorName “SAM”
ModelName “SAMSUNG”

Block type: 2:0 3:fd