[beagleboard] Beaglebone Black won't boot from Micro SD, all LEDs remain lit

My suggestion is that you not do that. The Black is different than the BeagleBone. Totally different memory. SW is already on the board in the eMMC. Remove the SD card. Power cycle the board and let it boot.

Gerald

Reflash the board. There is a bug that prevents update from working. We will have a new image released shortly that fixes this. So, don’t try it again until the image is released.

Gerald

“WOOOT, I’m in Ubuntu you guys! Not sure what I did differently. The one that eventually worked I used ubuntu 12.04 and imagewriter. It might have been that the USER button is really hard to depress as well?”

Would be good if you and others like you copied each command into a text file. MY self, I use windows 7 as a desktop and ssh into any number of NIX systems.

That way, when something does go wrong, you have a list of commands to show others to help you, and if it does work out, you have a recipe for success. To share with others if you so felt inclined ( even ) :slight_smile:

The you did something wrong.

Gerald

That may well be. I redownloaded the production 5-8 image, reflashed, and now it boots with no problems.

Great! As long as you take it a step at a time a,d don’t get in a big hurry, it should work. It is easy to skip a step.

Gerald

I’m having a similar problem but with Angstrom. I’ve made a debian image and that does boot from the sd card fine. But the Angstrom recent image reloads the image onto the eMMC every time… even though I’m not holding the boot button down (as have each other one). Could it be how it was created? I havent tried it on windows yet, or should I up the class number of the card. It is currently a class 4. As part of the course… I am a beginner as well. :slight_smile:
Michael

That is what the recent image is intended to do. It is a flasher image.

Gerald

Ah, thanks… operator error… my apologies.
Michael