[beagleboard] My BeagleBoard Rev C4 will not work with pico-sd images

Hello all,

I have a Pico Projector V2 and a BeagleBoard rev C4 that I would like to use for structured lighting. I have followed the instructions at http://beagleboard.org/pico for configuring an SD card with the pico-sd-fat.tar.bz2 and pico-sd-ext3.tar.bz2 images, but have not had success. While it is booting the beagle splash screen is displayed. After several seconds the display changes to a small beagle with the text ‘beagleboard.org’ on the top left. Nothing happens after that, and the BeagleBoard is unresponsive to anything I type in Tera Term. The last line returned from the BeagleBoard is “Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!” Any suggestions? Are these images even compatible with the Rev C4 board?

Thanks,

Eric Seger

**IMPORTANT: *This email and any attachments are only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This correspondence may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, or agent responsible for delivering the transmission to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying or use of this e-mail or its contents is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by responding to the e-mail and then delete the e-mail immediately. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Bridger Photonics, Inc… Bridger Photonics, Inc. Employees, other than the President and Vice President, are not authorized to conclude legally binding contracts. The recipient of this e-mail is responsible for checking and deleting viruses, as Bridger Photonics, Inc. does not guarantee this e-mail to be free of viruses. **

Eric,

"Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!"

Unfortunately this doesn't mean much, , apart from that fact that
things are so cactus there is no chance of going further.

You really need to read what happens before that to have any
indication why things are so rooted at that point. Could be a simple
matter of incorrect kernel arguments, all the way up to incompatible
software.

The C4 certainly has differences but I don't know how many or if they
go beyond u-boot or the rom.

Regards,
!Z