Beagleboard-xm vga to dvi

Hello -

I am looking at attaching a VGA daughterboard to the camera port of the Beagleboard-xm. I would then like to send video in through this VGA port, transform the video signal in some way and send it out through the HDMI port (using DVI). Will this be possible to do using only software and not having a VGA to DVI converter?

Does anyone have any information on the VGA daughterboard recommended for use with the Beagleboard-xm, or can anyone point me to some documentation? I am interested in how the board works, as well as what video signal is used once the video is input.

Thanks,
Katelyn

Hello -

I am looking at attaching a VGA daughterboard to the camera port of the Beagleboard-xm. I would then like to send video in through this VGA port, transform the video signal in some way and send it out through the HDMI port (using DVI). Will this be possible to do using only software and not having a VGA to DVI converter?

So you are wanting to capture VGA? What would a VGA to DVI adapter have to do with that?

Does anyone have any information on the VGA daughterboard recommended for use with the Beagleboard-xm, or can anyone point me to some documentation?

For capture? I do not. There are a couple of options for display.

I am interested in how the board works, as well as what video signal is used once the video is input.

You can look up specs on VGA analog to digital converters. I believe something like the TVP7002 would do the trick.

Sounds like you want to do a DVR/NVR kind-of thing using BB. If so, TVP5158 (quad-channel PAL/NTSC video decoder) may be what you need, or it’s dual or single channel equivalent. You might get some idea from here http://focus.ti.com/lit/ml/sprm512a/sprm512a.pdf ! Might have better luck also at TI e2e.

My goal is to pretty much run video straight through the board. I would have a VGA input from a camera board from Leopard Imaging:
https://www.leopardimaging.com/Beagle_Board_xM_Camera.html , in particular, the VGA camera board. Once the video signal is in the board, I want to output if through the HDMI port using DVI to a display. Is it possible to input an analog signal and output a digital one routing the signal only through the BeagleBoard-xm?

Thanks,
Katelyn