Beaglebone AI, only 610M RAM?

I built my image from these instructions, and on my Beaglebone AI with 1GB of RAM, /proc/meminfo says “624984 kB”.

So, what’s consuming the other 413M? Can I get some of that back? Thanks.

By default, it is reserved for the C66/EVE processors. There has been much discussion about making it more dynamically allocatable, but, for now, it would require editing the device tree.

In specific, these lines would need to be removed or marked “disabled” by an overlay: https://github.com/beagleboard/BeagleBoard-DeviceTrees/blob/2d1271702ce962160fe3a632ebee394207e2714b/src/arm/am5729-beagleboneai.dts#L38-L101

Due to a lack of foresight, the nodes don’t have labels, which makes creating an overlay a bit more difficult.

In the default image, you can go to /opt/source/dtb-4.14-ti, edit src/arm/am5729-beagleboneai.dts to remove those lines, make, sudo make install and reboot and you should get all of the memory back.

make, sudo make install and reboot and you should get all of the memory back.

what or where should I make and sudo make install?
Im not a developer…

best regards

W dniu czwartek, 7 listopada 2019 16:20:35 UTC+1 użytkownik Jason Kridner napisał:

Hi
Can you give a full instruction how to free 1gb memory?
What should I make and install?
I m not developer
Thanks in advance
Radek

W dniu środa, 6 listopada 2019 13:26:05 UTC+1 użytkownik Richard Krehbiel napisał:

Hi
Iam not developer but iam interesing how to get higher memory amount.
Can you send an instruction what i should make and install?