Beaglebone Black Board problem to boot from SD card

Hi all,

this is my first time working with a BeagleBone Black Board. I tried setting up my Beagle Bone Black Board, but I think I made a mistake during the progress and now my board isn’t working anymore. So I tried to reboot the board from the sd card but unfortunately without success. Here is roughly what I did.

I wrote the image “bone-debian-8.7-iot-armhf-2017-03-19-4gb.img.xz” on a new SD card. Then I put it into my BeagleBone board and connected with ssh with the board. Then I went into the folder “/opt/scripts/tools/eMMC” and used the command “sudo ./bbb-eMMC-flasher-eewiki-ext4.sh”. Afterwards I got an error message, which I unfortunately do not know anymore and since then only the power LED is on and no connection to the board is possible anymore.

So I tried to reflash the board according to several instructions I found in this forum. For this I installed a new imager on the SD card and tried to get my board to boot from the SD card by pressing the S2 boot button. Since somewhere the tip was that the S2 button may be broken, I have also tried to close the short. Furthermore, only the power LED is lit and no connection is possible.

I am very happy about every tip, idea or link. Thanks in advance!

Have you got a serial cable for the board. Would be very helpful to see exactly what is going on

That script was for a specific set of directions…

Just grab the latest ‘flasher’ for either Buster or Bullseye… https://forum.beagleboard.org/tag/latest-images

Regards,

Thank you for the tipp. Unfortunatly I don’t have such a cable but I will order one and test it.

Thank you for the information. However, I am not even able to flash anything as it doesn’t even react and only the power LED is blinking.

same for me. After having put an official release using balenaEtcher on a micro SD-Card and put it in my beaglebone black, the device don’t boot

which image??
if your emmc has u-boot in it, there may be a compatibility issue between emmc u-boot and sd card image
you might want to start a new post to get more help.

and just a heads up, v1.18.13 of etcher seems to fail on flashing, (seen it here on Debian 12.x x86)… so downgrade to v1.18.12…

Regards,

The raspberry pi imager works the best, scroll down to custom and select the image. Balena is prohibited at our place…

i’ve also brought back the bmap files… Index of /rootfs/release/2023-10-07/bullseye-iot-armhf so bmaptools would also work for faster command line flashing…

Regards,

1 Like