Beaglebone Black: Is there a newer Debian with XFCE existing? Didn't found.. (Oct. 2023)

I’m wildly motivated to bring up my BBB for desktop use. So, I was looking after a debian image, but found only older versions with a desktop for install directly on a SD card regarding the limited space in eMMC. This try gone wrong, couldn’t install no more packages i.e. mc or other lean things. Also, updating the BBB gone wrong. Can I take a flasher version and edit (remove) the flashing script? Or is that a better choose to install a IOT version or Play version and build up the desktop software? Would use a 32 or 64 GB SD Card,
this would be enough for some additional lean applications. BBB is adorable snappy with it, other boards like Raspberries dropped out depending the much higher energy consumption. I tried to use older versions of Angstrom or Debian, but there is no more support in any direction.

HI @Ernst_D the Oct 2023 is the latest release: Debian 11.x (Bullseye) - Monthly Snapshot - 2023-10-07 for the BBB, if you want to run the desktop use the microSD version… There is not enough room on the eMMC do to a normal desktop and have the ability to install more tools…

Regards,

Hi Robert, thank You, that helps me. Hope to get it working next few days.

Regards, Ernst D