BeagleBone Black Rev C CAD Files (Altium Designer)

Hi all,

I am the lead electrical engineer for a small company based in New York State. We have been using both the Beaglebone Green and Beaglebone Black internally for hardware development purposes for the past couple of months for an upcoming product. We are early in the process of transitioning to a production-grade single board hardware design for said product.

I am looking for CAD files for the Beaglebone Black Rev C to use as a starting point in the board design process. Can anyone here point me towards for provide me with Altium Designer files for the BeagleBone Black Rev C? We do not use Cadence Allegro to design our boards, and have no way of converting the available OrCAD/Allegro CAD files to an Altium Designer compatible format.

I would much rather not have to redesign a complicated & nontrivial board layout for an open-source hardware product such as this, especially given that the open-source nature of BeagleBone was the most motivating factor in choosing it as a development and prototyping tool.

Note that we are not modifying any part of the BeagleBone Black’s design (except removing the 2X23 female headers and HDMI hardware). We are using it as a base and adding additional functionality via peripheral components that are integrated on the same board.

Thank you for any help that you can provide.

I look forward to hearing back,
James

*Disclaimer: I fully understand that these files would come as is, with no warranty or guarantee of suitability or merchantability for any purpose.

**There is a separate thread for BeagleBone Green related responses.

http://www.elinux.org/Beagleboard:BeagleBoneBlack#LATEST_PRODUCTION_FILES_.28C.29

These are latest files. There i sno Rev C PCB. Rev C was a result of a processor change as you can see on the link I provided that goes to the support WIKI.

Altium files are provided.

Gerald

Hi jam...@cladnetwork.com,

I’m having same difficult as you to use the BeagleBoneBlack as base of my hardware in Altium. Here: http://elinux.org/Beagleboard:BeagleBoneBlack#Board_Revisions_and_Changes was posted the Altium files of board revB4 (BBB revA5B). We need the PCB revB6 (refer to BBB RevC). I read the “Board Revisions and Changes” section and I identified the changes at the schematic, nothing too relevant. Thus the revB4 (Altium files provided) would be a good base for my design.

Analyzing Altium file “BeagleBone_Black_RevB4.PcbDoc” I found some issues (until now):

• There is a missing Via in net “VDDS” near R9;
  • The fiducials are through role instead smd pads;
  • Some designators on bottom silkscreen are in wrong place;
  • Is missing the teardrops on all nets;

Did you have some progress to obtain good and actualized Altium files?

Regards,

Kleber.

HI

You’ve probably sorted this by now but in case anyone is interested, I have updated the Beaglebone black files to REV C in Altium from REV B4.

Hi OMag,

Are the Beaglebone Black Altuim files you mentioned available to download somewhere? If yes would you provide a link please?

Cheers
Josh

Hello Joshua,

Some time ago I was analysing the files provided here: http://elinux.org/Beagleboard:BeagleBoneBlack#Board_Revisions_and_Changes it was posted the Altium files of board revB4 (BBB revA5B). I needed the PCB revB6 (refer to BBB RevC). I read the “Board Revisions and Changes” section and I identified the changes at the schematic, nothing too relevant. Thus the revB4 (Altium files provided) would be a good base for my design.

Analyzing Altium file “BeagleBone_Black_RevB4.PcbDoc” I found some issues (until now):

• There is a missing Via in net “VDDS” near R9;
  • The fiducials are through role instead smd pads;
  • Some designators on bottom silkscreen are in wrong place;
  • Is missing the teardrops on all nets;

I hope it could help you.

Best regards,

Kleber.

OMag,

I could use these if you are able to share.

Thanks,

Dan

Hello.
Very interesting).
Tell me where can I download these files?
Thanks in advance.

Best regards, Dmitry.