Beaglebord xM Rev C (BBXm)

I’ve been trying to get Ubuntu on to my BBXm without success. I have tried resorting the image available on http://beagleboard.org/Getting%20Started however this has been unsuccessful, It looks like its booting. It connected to my TV via HDMI and give no signal. I have since ran this install http://elinux.org/BeagleBoardDebian#BeagleBoard_xM to which I get a yellow boot screen on all the installs i have had ssh access but the stuck. Ideally I want ubuntu with a gnome desktop GUI with a minimal install, so no application installed just the GUI. To add to this I have also connected the BBXm to my computers both Ubuntu and win7 the device comes up with in windows but requires the drives which i install from http://beagleboard.org/Getting%20Started but still shows as unknown device in device manager.

Any help would be much appreciated!!

Are you connected to a network? How large is your microSD card? It can take a while to boot Ubuntu the first time. I would definitely use Nelson’s images for this. My penetration testing distro, The Deck, runs on the BBxM and BBB without any issues and it is based on Nelson’s Ubuntu 13.04 images.

I've been trying to get Ubuntu on to my BBXm without success. I have tried
resorting the image available on Getting Started - BeagleBoard | How do I start using my board?
however this has been unsuccessful, It looks like its booting. It connected
to my TV via HDMI and give no signal. I have since ran this install
BeagleBoardDebian - eLinux.org to which I get a yellow
boot screen on all the installs i have had ssh access but the stuck.

So the first issue. It's setup to read your monitor/displays edid
register. If this fails you will need to override it via: (in
/boot/uboot/uEnv.txt)

kms_force_mode=video=DVI-D-1:1024x768@60e

or whatever resolution you want

Ideally
I want ubuntu with a gnome desktop GUI with a minimal install, so no

warning: gnome is going to be slow on a single core..

Just make sure to install the latest xorg fbdev drivers via:

cd /opt/scripts/
git pull
./tools/graphics/ti-omapdrm.sh

application installed just the GUI. To add to this I have also connected the
BBXm to my computers both Ubuntu and win7 the device comes up with in
windows but requires the drives which i install from
Getting Started - BeagleBoard | How do I start using my board? but still shows as unknown device
in device manager.

Regards,

Hi Thanks for the response. I have edited the /boot/uboot/uEnv.txt as you suggested and left it over an hour, on the board the D5,D12 and D14 lights are permanently on. The monitor supports 1024x576 not sure what else to do.

Thanks for your response, i have edited the /boot/uboot/uEnv.txt) as suggested and left on for over an hour. Not sure what else to do. the monitor supports 1024x576 and the lights D5,D12 and D14 and staying on permantly on the boards and the microsd flikers. not sure when else to do?

Thanks for your response, i have edited the /boot/uboot/uEnv.txt) as suggested and left on for over an hour. Not sure what else to do. the monitor supports 1024x576 and the lights D5,D12 and D14 and staying on permantly on the boards and the microsd flikers. not sure when else to do?

Thanks for your response, i have edited the /boot/uboot/uEnv.txt) as suggested and left on for over an hour. Not sure what else to do. the monitor supports 1024x576 and the lights D5,D12 and D14 and staying on permanently on the boards and the microsd flikers. not sure when else to do?