BeagleV™ update

A quick update - BeagleBoard.org is currently working on two new RISC-V-based boards which will launch at or around the time of Embedded World 2022.

Both boards use different SoC vendors than our initial RISC-V prototype, which was used for a limited beta development program earlier this year. The specific name for each of the new boards is yet to be announced, but they will be launched under the BeagleV™ brand. To clarify, BeagleV™ is the BeagleBoard.org Foundation’s brand for RISC-V-based platforms and is not a specific board.

I will post here when more news is ready to share. Thank you for your interest!

9 Likes

That is awesome!
Looking forward test/promote them.

Maybe its possible to tell already if at least one of those two boards would be compatible with the beaglebone pinout. I would like to start developing (simple) capes for some custom use case . I could then start now with BeagleBoard.org - Capes , test them on a beaglebone black and would later have to customize the software to run on RISC-V instead of having to start over the whole hardware process of creating the cape.

This could be exciting. Are you moving your announcement/launch date to follow the pushed back date for EW? (This announcement was after your post here.)