Beginner Queries

Hello BeagleBoard Community,
My name is Arsh Pratap, a 3rd-year undergraduate student at IIIT Gwalior. I was looking forward to participating in GSOC ‘21 under BeagleBoard. I have experience in embedded driver development(STM32 boards) and recently I have been working on embedded driver developments on the BeagleBone Black.
I wanted to know :
1.) Are there any open/beginner-friendly issues that I can work on so that I can familiarise myself with the codebase?
2.) What is the schedule for the weekly meetings so that I can keep myself up to date with discussions in the beagleboard community?
3.) (It’s a little out of place here)I was looking about the project ideas that were listed for GSOC’ 20 and is it possible that I can work on the project proposals that weren’t selected?

Thanks in Advance!

Hi Arsh, excited to see your interest.

1.) Are there any open/beginner-friendly issues that I can work on so that I can familiarise myself with the codebase?

That would depend on the area/project you are interested in, you can check with the mentors on IRC.

2.) What is the schedule for the weekly meetings so that I can keep myself up to date with discussions in the beagleboard community?

The meetings are every Wednesday at 12:30PM US Eastern time (11 PM IST) here http://bbb.io/gsocchat

3.) (It’s a little out of place here)I was looking about the project ideas that were listed for GSOC’ 20 and is it possible that I can work on the project proposals that weren’t selected?

Yes, you can pick the projects that weren’t selected previously, and also propose and discuss your own ideas that will benefit the BeagleBoard community. :slight_smile: