Black-vs-Green DTBs

Update: I think *I* created am335x-boneblack-audio-emmc.dts, adding to my own confusion. Sorry about that.

I’m just lazy, I’d like to figure out how to make the “extra” in am335x-boneblack-audio-emmc.dts work in the overlay… (thus we would not need the special “dtb”…)

Regards,

It used to work, even in some early 4.0.x or 4.1.x kernels, I thought. Not sure, though; been a while. I'm not very good about documenting each change and recording the outcome (it's hard when you're in a trial-and-error cycle, and then walk away for days or weeks). I end up repeating experiments a lot :frowning:

Force yourself to write a diary every day. Or worklog if you prefer that term.

+ push everything you do a private git tree.. Or a private internal wiki..

There's many times i've found something i tried years ago, but finally
figured it out.. Even if initially looked like crap, keep it..

my short term memory is pretty much toast, writing it down is the only way
my mind remembers..

Regards,

Or a private internal wiki…

Care to elaborate on that Robert ?

So this got me thinking. You could write up a quick Nodejs or AngularJS app, that is exactly like the example todo app tutorials out there. Except, in reverse( if that makes sense ).

What I’d really prefer though is some way my console is automatically recorded, that does not introduce a lot of gibberish, like puTTY likes to do . . .

eewiki.net. :wink: There's lot of private pages i haven't pushed...

before that i ran mediawiki on one of my arm boards at work...

Regards,

man script Mike

eewiki.net. :wink: There’s lot of private pages i haven’t pushed…

before that i ran mediawiki on one of my arm boards at work…

Regards,

I understood that, but what is the technology you used ? git is easy to understand, at least for me. You push, and add a comment. that is self explanatory. But a wiki . . . I never used one, so not really familiar with how that would work.

Oh, just a step by step set of instructions like:

https://eewiki.net/display/linuxonarm/FLIR+Lepton+on+BeagleBone+Black+and+Green

Just not as pretty. :wink:

Regards,

Oh, just a step by step set of instructions like:

https://eewiki.net/display/linuxonarm/FLIR+Lepton+on+BeagleBone+Black+and+Green

Just not as pretty. :wink:

Regards,

Ah, so in other words, pretty much what I already do. Except I use txt files. It can be a lot of tedious manual copy / paste though.

@Mike, Yes, I know of script, and I do not remember why I do not use it, but decided against it a few years back for some reason . . . most probably it did not format what actually happen at the console well.