Boot a Custom board based on similar design as Beaglebone Black

We have designed a custom version of Beaglebone Black with most of the schematics being same.

The board is assembled and we are able to get its PMIC work ,Power Led is working and we measured the voltages, they are in agreement with the datasheet of TPS65217C and BBB_SRM. The next step naturally would be to boot this board with a sdcard.

Since we have used sd cards with debian on them with Beaglebone Blacks ( refering to : http://wiki.net/display/linuxonarm/BeagleBone+Black ) , we considered trying it with this board too. Looking online as to how to boot our board with that same sd card, we discovered that the eeprom on beaglebone black will pose a problem and indeed we did not see any activity by trying to power up the custom board with sd card having debian that works well with beaglebone black.

The eeprom is empty. Online forums suggest two ways, either block eeprom access over i2c in uboot or write the requisite code in eeprom while in uboot. If we can get access to the uboot shell over its UART0 , we can manage.

Can we be guided/helped or some pointers be given as to how do proceed forward and get our custom board working ?

The u-boot read call is here:
http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot.git;a=blob;f=board/ti/am335x/board.c;hb=HEAD#l45

Just dump the current bbb eeprom and use that has a hint for
populating the struct and just rebuild u-boot..

Regards,

Thanks a lot Robert Sir.

I was able to boot the board using Emmc flasher image of angstrom and then I am now able to use sd cards and boot from them.
But the EEPROM is still blank, I think I can write the eeprom now from uboot shell.

Issues that i have seen when i have booted with normal uboot image from the sd cards (with emmc written by emmc flasher image earlier) is that on ‘lsblk’ , I only see the sdcard blocks as following

NAME MAJ:MIN RM SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT

mmcblk0 179:0 0 3.7G 0 disk
ââmmcblk0p1 179:1 0 48M 0 part /boot/uboot
ââmmcblk0p2 179:2 0 3.6G 0 part /

And I cannot apply any device tree overlays, actually the slots file is missing from /sys/devices/bone_capemgr.9/

What could be the possible reasons ?
I am attaching the UART0 output for the same beaglebone black while I was booting with sd card.

board-boot.txt (20.5 KB)