bug in LCD4 patch

Hi,

The LCD4 cape basic support patch uses P9_21 in bone_lcd4_cape_keys_00A2_pins pin group. However, according to the schematic file at Beagleboardtoys wiki, it doesn’t use P9_21. This error prevents any other virtual capes such as UART2 or SPI0 to be loaded because of pin conflict on P9_21.

Patch location:
meta-beagleboard / common-bsp / recipes-kernel / linux / linux-mainline-3.8 / not-capebus / 0168-capes-add-basic-support-for-LCD4-capes.patch

Schematic file of LCD4:

Thanks,
Tim

Tim,

this is being updated in future releases of the Angstrom Image that ships for the BeagleBone Black…

Dave Anders
Circuitco

Tim,

this is being updated in future releases of the Angstrom Image that ships for the BeagleBone Black...

Not unless someone sends a patch (or pull request) against GitHub - beagleboard/kernel at 3.8 to fix it. So far I've seen zero patches for that, so the above statement is overly optimistic.

Hi, After a week of struggling with this problem, it seems like I am having the exact same problem as you. My out-of-the-box BBB came with:
Linux beaglebone 3.8.13-bone47 #1 SMP Fri Apr 11 01:36:09 UTC 2014 armv7l GNU/Linux

and is a Debian Image from 2014-04-23.
After decompiling the LCD4 driver I saw that the Pin is still blocked. Is there any updates as to whether the new Debian image:
Debian (BeagleBone, BeagleBone Black - 2GB SD) 2014-05-14
has resolved this or any more direct solutions to the issue. I’m new at this stuff so I apologize in advance if this isn’t the place for this question.
Chris