Building custom Debian Linux for BeagleBone Black

I want to build custom image for beaglebone black. I went through the steps mentioned in the below link:
https://elinux.org/Building_for_BeagleBone

My question is, they have given compilation steps for mainline kernel. I want to build for Debian.

What is the process for Debian.

Hello @ssunny151 ,

I found some interesting things about building for Debian but things are pretty much already situated with the following link: Debian: Getting Started with the BeagleBone Black - Linux Guides - Engineering and Component Solution Forum - TechForum │ Digi-Key .

Building with Buildroot is trying at times, i.e. it really depends on if you have time to sit, examine notes, perform repetitive tasks, and keep finding the perfect match.

For instance: one will need…

1. Toolchain
  2. uboot
  3. debian (minimal)
  4. Linux kernel
  5. stress relieving tactics

1 through 5 is basically a start to building.

Seth

P.S. I got Buildroot once to listen to me b/c of trial and error but it has been a year ago. Things have changed, e.g. toolchain availability from Linaro, kernel from Linux, and so on.

If you want, testing from that link is a good start to learning but there, from what my failures have taught me, is a bunch of ideas that go into building that I am not aware of currently. Updated ideas!