Building mcasp drivers for linux (ubuntu) and beaglebone black

Hi:
I want to use the beaglebone black with an ADC/DAC (pcm3168a) with TDM format, so that i can have 6 audio inputs and mix them or record them sepparatly. For this, unless im mistaken, i need to use a mcasp as an audio board. The problem is how i build the drivers so mi linux recognises de mcasp as an audio board. I am newbie to this, ive read lots of post but i can´t figure where are the files i need to change, or what to do. I would need to configure one serializer of the mcasp as an audio input in TDM format with 6 channels, and one serializer as an audio output with 8 channels (6 as direct outputs and the other 2 as the mixes). The output will be connected trhough the mcasp back to de pcm3168a DAC’s. I thought of using ALSA/SoC drivers for recieving, (or pulseaudio, but i havent found any information of interacting with pulseaudio with mcasp of the board). I would appreciate if someone can indicate me where to find information about building the necessary drivers, some tutorials or something. Obviously I would share my codes and everything needed if someone is in the same situation after i had succeeded with this.
Please, any help would be apreciated.

Hi:
I want to use the beaglebone black with an ADC/DAC (pcm3168a) with TDM format, so that i can have 6 audio inputs and mix them or record them sepparatly. For this, unless im mistaken, i need to use a mcasp as an audio board. The problem is how i build the drivers so mi linux recognises de mcasp as an audio board. I am newbie to this, ive read lots of post but i can´t figure where are the files i need to change, or what to do. I would need to configure one serializer of the mcasp as an audio input in TDM format with 6 channels, and one serializer as an audio output with 8 channels (6 as direct outputs and the other 2 as the mixes). The output will be connected trhough the mcasp back to de pcm3168a DAC’s. I thought of using ALSA/SoC drivers for recieving, (or pulseaudio, but i havent found any information of interacting with pulseaudio with mcasp of the board). I would appreciate if someone can indicate me where to find information about building the necessary drivers, some tutorials or something. Obviously I would share my codes and everything needed if someone is in the same situation after i had succeeded with this.
Please, any help would be apreciated.

The McASP code used by the BBB audio board is in /sound/soc/davinci/davinci-mcasp.c

The ALSA code is mostly in /sound/core

Also, the device tree setup is in firmware/cape/BB-BONE-AUDI-01-00A0.dts

Regards,
John

Hi. Did you ever have any luck with this? I’m interested in working on a project with similar requirements.

Thanks!

Hi:
It’s been a lot since i posted this question, but i was finishing my studies at university, so i left this project appart… Now, i’ve already written an audio driver for PCM3168 codec, and followed the instructions in http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/Sitara_Linux_Audio_DAC_Example#Creating_pcm5102a_hw_params_Function, but i’m stuck in making alsa work… something about “Broken configuration for this PCM: no configurations available” when i try to record… if someone has any information i would be very grateful
Thanks