Building the bone debian image worked before, but after upgrading my OS I run into errors.

Hi, I have currently run into a dilemma. Previously, my desktop was running Ubuntu 18.04 and I was able to build the Pocket Beagle’s Bone Debian image just fine following this guide: https://www.digikey.com/eewiki/display/linuxonarm/PocketBeagle. However, after I upgraded my desktop to Ubuntu 20.04, I run into a couple of warnings when compiling U-boot.

Warning 1: “This board does not use CONFIG_DM_MMC… Please update the board to use CONFIG_DM_MMC before the V2019.04 release.”

Warning 2: “This board does not use CONFIG_DM_USB…Please update the board to use CONFIG_DM_USB before the V2019.04 release.”
Warning 3: “This board does not use CONFIG_DM_SPI…Please update the board to use CONFIG_DM_SPI before the V2019.04 release.”
Warning 4: “This board does not use CONFIG_DM_SPI_FLASH…Please update the board to use CONFIG_DM_SPI_FLASH before the V2019.04 release.”

I am completely baffled about why this is happening. Before I was able to compile it just fine but after the OS upgrade, I am getting these compiling warnings. These warnings do not prevent me from compiling U-boot, however, after I compile it ignoring the warnings the image won’t boot on the Pocketbeagle. Before when I didn’t get any of these warnings I could build and boot the image just fine on the pocket beagle. Perhaps I am missing something obvious here, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Hi, I have currently run into a dilemma. Previously, my desktop was running Ubuntu 18.04 and I was able to build the Pocket Beagle's Bone Debian image just fine following this guide: https://www.digikey.com/eewiki/display/linuxonarm/PocketBeagle. However, after I upgraded my desktop to Ubuntu 20.04, I run into a couple of warnings when compiling U-boot.

Warning 1: "This board does not use CONFIG_DM_MMC... Please update the board to use CONFIG_DM_MMC before the V2019.04 release."
Warning 2: "This board does not use CONFIG_DM_USB...Please update the board to use CONFIG_DM_USB before the V2019.04 release."
Warning 3: "This board does not use CONFIG_DM_SPI...Please update the board to use CONFIG_DM_SPI before the V2019.04 release."
Warning 4: "This board does not use CONFIG_DM_SPI_FLASH...Please update the board to use CONFIG_DM_SPI_FLASH before the V2019.04 release."

These warnings are valid and normal on our current shipping patchset.
They do not affect booting..

I am completely baffled about why this is happening. Before I was able to compile it just fine but after the OS upgrade, I am getting these compiling warnings. These warnings do not prevent me from compiling U-boot, however, after I compile it ignoring the warnings the image won't boot on the Pocketbeagle. Before when I didn't get any of these warnings I could build and boot the image just fine on the pocket beagle. Perhaps I am missing something obvious here, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

An upgrade of Ubuntu to 20.04 should not have broken the directions for you.

Regards,

Ah I see, thank you. I think I may have messed something up during the build process. Thanks for the clarification.