Buildroot issue

Hi

I have downloaded the buildroot from git clone git://git.buildroot.net/buildroot.
I compiled successfully for my target. But in the bin folder no symlink has created for binaries.

I added the bin folder path to #PATH.

So when i compile uboot with make CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux- . It gives me following error

arm-linux-gcc not found.

Please help. Is there any option/script to create symlink for binaries in bin folder.

Regards
Jai Shiv

Hi

I have downloaded the buildroot from git clone git://git.buildroot.net/buildroot.
I compiled successfully for my target. But in the bin folder no symlink has created for binaries.

I'm not sure that I understand which binaries that you'd like. Host
tools such as the compiler can be found in the output/host/usr/bin
directory.

I added the bin folder path to #PATH.

So when i compile uboot with make CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux- . It gives me following error
arm-linux-gcc not found.

That does not sound like the right prefix. You didn't say what
buildroot configuration that you were using so I can't say for sure.
However, it's often longer like arm-none-linux-gnueabi- or similar. If
you look in your output/host/usr/bin directory, you should see what it
is.

Also, why don't you let Buildroot build uboot? It will set the
CROSS_COMPILE prefix correctly.

Please help. Is there any option/script to create symlink for binaries in bin folder.

I'd recommend updating your PATH rather than creating symlinks to the
host tools.

Frank

Hi Frank

All the binaries under output/host/usr/bin having this prefix arm-buildroot-linux-uclibcgnueabi- .
For example for gcc it is like :
arm-buildroot-linux-uclibcgnueabi-gcc

So in Path variable i added the path of output/host/usr/bin folder.

And While compiling anything for arm target i gave CROSS_COMPILE= arm-buildroot-linux-uclibcgnueabi-

But it’s giving me same error.
In my another build machine there are symlink created for all binaries under output/host/usr/bin folder

For example : for gcc there is one binary arm-buildroot-linux-uclibcgnueabi-gcc and there is corresponding link present like

arm-linux-gcc ->arm-buildroot-linux-uclibcgnueabi-gcc

So while cross compiling a arm program I usually give arm-linux- and it’s work fine .

Hope You understood now.

Regads
Jai Shiv