Can this beaglebone AI run raspbian OS?

can the beaglebone AI run raspbian operating system?

What features are you looking for by running Raspbian?

You can run Debian.

It is possible to patch a Raspbian image to boot, but many of the custom aspects of Raspian won’t work or won’t do anything useful. If there is a software feature you are looking for that you use in Raspbian today, best to request that in the Debian images we assemble as a suitable starting point.

Ok

So what is the cost of the board
And can you manufacture based on my requirements??

Ok

>>
>> can the beaglebone AI run raspbian operating system?
>>
>
> What features are you looking for by running Raspbian?
>
> You can run Debian.
>
> It is possible to patch a Raspbian image to boot, but many of the custom
> aspects of Raspian won't work or won't do anything useful. If there is a
> software feature you are looking for that you use in Raspbian today, best
> to request that in the Debian images we assemble as a suitable starting
> point.

There really isn't any point in running Raspbian on a Beagleboard. Raspbian
is just a *customized* version of Debian specificly for the Raspberry Pi.
Actually, programs compiled under Raspbian will run on Debian installed on a
Beagleboard (well except programs that make use of Raspberry Pi specific
features). This includes programs that use GPIO -- using the /sys/class/gpio
API, so long as the GPIO numbers are changed to Beagleboard GPIO and the
proper pinmodes are set (eg the proper UBoot overlays are loaded, etc.).

On Mon, 9 Sep 2019 05:58:35 -0700 (PDT), Josiah Akinloye
<josiahakinloye@gmail.com> declaimed the
following:

can the beaglebone AI run raspbian operating system?

Raspbian is a customized version of Debian, provided with device trees
and utilities specific to the R-Pi hardware.

Ok

FAQ mentions that the price is around US$100.

See Support BeagleBoard Foundation now on Amazon Smile - BeagleBoard and Resources - BeagleBoard. BeagleBoard.org Foundation does not do customizations, but the open hardware design is at GitHub - beagleboard/beaglebone-ai: BeagleBone AI - the fast track for embedded machine learning already (and OSHWA certified) and can be customized by developers familiar with the AM5729 SoC, such as those listed on the resources page.

Reading this back encouraged a couple of clarifications…

Ok

FAQ mentions that the price is around US$100.

Excluding any applicable tariffs.

See https://beagleboard.org/support and https://beagleboard.org/resources. BeagleBoard.org Foundation does not do customizations, but the open hardware design is at https://github.com/beagleboard/beaglebone-ai already (and OSHWA certified) and can be customized by developers familiar with the AM5729 SoC, such as those listed on the resources page.

We are open hardware and will make changes to the design that benefit the developer community. These would strictly be open source updates and with sufficient demand to justify the board spins/testing.

There is absolutely zero point to running “rasbian” on any beagle hardware. None of the software that is used for interacting with the outside world would work. Granted, networking should work, USB connectivity may work depending.

As stated several times. Rasbian is just RaspberryPI(hardware) specific Debian. Well I do believe there is also an Ubuntu branch, but again . . . Ubuntu is based on Debian.

Now is you’re wanting someone to setup Debian for you, with all the bells and whistles that comes with Rasbian. Be prepared to pay someone tens, if not hundreds of thousands of dollars. It is however doable.

Not to mention the hardware that makes up a Beaglebone AI is close to 2-3x superior/better/more than a RaspberryPI 3. WIth about 4-5x as many I/O pins exposed. Not to mention the additional processors built into the chip that are exclusive to Beaglebone/Sitara.