CCS BBB PRU using Texas Instruments XDS100v2 USB Debug Probe

Hi Forum

I am interested to learn about how to program the BBB PRU. I want to develop using CCS10, as I have access to debug probe. I have installed CCS10 and I can compile binaries with CCS and copy to BBB and run from Linux on PRU. On my BBB I have AM3358 Debian 10.3 2020-04-06 4GB SD IoT image and updated the kernel to the latest.

I have a Texas Instruments XDS100v2 USB Debug Probe and from CCS when I test connection it appears to work. Output of the last two lines.

The JTAG DR Integrity scan-test has succeeded.

[End: Texas Instruments XDS100v2 USB Debug Probe_0]

When I attempt to debug from CCS I get the following message

PRU_0: File Loader: Verification failed: Values at address 0x0000@Program_Memory do not match Please verify target memory and memory map.
PRU_0: GEL: File: C:\Users\bbb\workspace_v10\bb_PRU_STEPPER\Debug\bb_PRU_STEPPER.out: a data verification error occurred, file load failed.

Are there instructions for how to set this up?

Ive tried to follow this am335x_pru_package/04-CCS_PRU_Debugger-training.pdf at master · beagleboard/am335x_pru_package · GitHub but it does not seem to match CCS10.

Do I need an initialisation script as detailed here - Getting started with the BeagleBone Black and the PRU via JTAG?

Any guidance will much appreciated.

Thanks
Joshua

Hi Forum,

I have found this link. It appears I need javascript script - bbb_pru_startup.js

https://www.element14.com/community/community/designcenter/single-board-computers/next-genbeaglebone/blog/2019/05/18/debugging-the-beaglebone-pru-in-ccs

The links in this document are dead and I am am unable to find the script.

Could someone point me to a copy of bbb_pru_startup.js?

Thanks
Joshua

Did you ever get this to work? We are developing using the BeagleBone Black PRUs with Cloud9. To debug the method that, we use either uses remoteproc to send statements back to the ARM and have it print them out or flash various LEDs our system controls to let us know it got to a specific point in the code. It’s really basic, pretty poor and frustrating since it takes up memory we need for other code… We need to improve our debugging ability for the PRU code. What is the best approach to use?

Just spotted this. That was my write-up on the PRUs you linked to. I updated it to include the TI’s missing bb_pru_startup.js file just after you posted your query.