CCS BBB PRU using Texas Instruments XDS100v2 USB Debug Probe

Hi Forum

I am interested to learn about how to program the BBB PRU. I want to develop using CCS10, as I have access to debug probe. I have installed CCS10 and I can compile binaries with CCS and copy to BBB and run from Linux on PRU. On my BBB I have AM3358 Debian 10.3 2020-04-06 4GB SD IoT image and updated the kernel to the latest.

I have a Texas Instruments XDS100v2 USB Debug Probe and from CCS when I test connection it appears to work. Output of the last two lines.

The JTAG DR Integrity scan-test has succeeded.

[End: Texas Instruments XDS100v2 USB Debug Probe_0]

When I attempt to debug from CCS I get the following message

PRU_0: File Loader: Verification failed: Values at address 0x0000@Program_Memory do not match Please verify target memory and memory map.
PRU_0: GEL: File: C:\Users\bbb\workspace_v10\bb_PRU_STEPPER\Debug\bb_PRU_STEPPER.out: a data verification error occurred, file load failed.

Are there instructions for how to set this up?

Ive tried to follow this am335x_pru_package/04-CCS_PRU_Debugger-training.pdf at master · beagleboard/am335x_pru_package · GitHub but it does not seem to match CCS10.

Do I need an initialisation script as detailed here - Getting started with the BeagleBone Black and the PRU via JTAG?

Any guidance will much appreciated.

Thanks
Joshua

Hi Forum,

I have found this link. It appears I need javascript script - bbb_pru_startup.js

https://www.element14.com/community/community/designcenter/single-board-computers/next-genbeaglebone/blog/2019/05/18/debugging-the-beaglebone-pru-in-ccs

The links in this document are dead and I am am unable to find the script.

Could someone point me to a copy of bbb_pru_startup.js?

Thanks
Joshua