Change Boot Logo on Beaglebone Black

I am trying to change the Tux Logo during the boot of my Beaglebone Black. I am Using the Beaglebone Black Rev. C with Kernel version 4.19.94-ti-r42.
I am creating a qt application with the 4dcape70t Display and only use a circle and mask the rest of the display. So during bootup I dont see the logo in the top left corner.
I would like to show the user that the display is working and doing something during bootup.
Ideally I would like to display our logo in the middle of the display. But anything that somehow shows that the Display is working will be sufficient.

HI @swizz,

there is a pretty good example here:

https://developer.toradex.com/knowledge-base/splash-screen-linux

Regards,

Thanks for your reply.
I have been able to create the ppm file.
Unfortunately I do not use Toradex. I am using the default Beaglebone Black debian image.
Where do I have to copy the ppm file to? And how do I rebuild the kernel?
My approach would be to replace the lunux tux ppm file in /kernel/drivers/video/logo, but I can’t find this folder on my Beaglebone. I was looking under /lib/modules/4.19.94-ti-r64/kernel/video, but the logo folder does not exist in here.
Could you point me into the right direction?

I know, it’s a good Generic writeup on every step you need to do on the BBB.

git clone -b ti-linux-4.19.y https://github.com/RobertCNelson/ti-linux-kernel-dev
cd ./ti-linux-kernel-dev
./build_deb.sh

THen under ./KERNEL/ patch the drive like the guide shows, then run:

./tools/rebuild_deb.sh

Copy ./deploy/linux-image*.deb to your BBB and install it…

Regards,

I’m using am335x-debian-11.4-minimal-armhf-2022-08-01-2gb which does not show any boot logo, only cursor blinks
i tired the following setps

1. make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf- bb.org_defconfig

2. make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf- menuconfig
    Under Device Drivers>Graphics support>Bootup logo, selected
    [*] Standard 16-color Linux logo
    and desected rest

3. make -j getconf _NPROCESSORS_ONLN ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf- bindeb-pkg LOCALVERSION=-custom

then copied the linux-image-5.10.120-custom_5.10.120-custom-1_armhf.deb in beaglebone and installed, but still only cursor blinks at startup but no logo

regards,
Mathew