Circuitco LCD4 - Kernel 3.12, 3.13

First of all, thank you to all who share their knowledge and experience, without you guys us newbies will have a hard time learning.

I have been playing around with various kernels and just in general getting familiar with Linux and the BBB in general. I managed to build QT 4.8.5 with RCN 3.8.13-Bone41 and all seems well. Now I wish to use QT with SGX and as I understand Robert has provided scripts to build all the required drivers etc but the later kernels do no support Cape manager and overlays so the lcd is not enabled.

Would somebody please explain how to enable the LCD4 from Circuitco in the new kernels(if that is currently possible).

Thank you.

First of all, thank you to all who share their knowledge and experience,
without you guys us newbies will have a hard time learning.

I have been playing around with various kernels and just in general getting
familiar with Linux and the BBB in general. I managed to build QT 4.8.5 with
RCN 3.8.13-Bone41 and all seems well. Now I wish to use QT with SGX and as I
understand Robert has provided scripts to build all the required drivers etc
but the later kernels do no support Cape manager and overlays so the lcd is
not enabled.

SGX was back-ported to the 3.8 tree as of the "bone41" release.

Would somebody please explain how to enable the LCD4 from Circuitco in the
new kernels(if that is currently possible).

Regards,

Thank you Robert I am aware of the patches as you mention however, I am unsure how to actually build the graphics sdk in question with using your kernel 3.8.13-bone41(43.1). The information I have found is using different build systems and are not clear, whereas your later kernels have all this integrated but do not support the LCD4 cape.

Can your script in the later kernels be used to build the drivers for the 3.8 kernel ?

Thanks.