Code Composer Studio 6 <--> Beaglebone black

Hello,

I try to create, compile and download a small C program within Code Composer Studio 6 (under Windows XP)
to Element14 Beaglebone black (rev. C).

For a first try I am not interested in debugging; the c-code should just execute.

Is it really the only way to populate the JTAG connector (P2) on BBB and buy one of the emulators?

I have the BBB connected via Ethernet, USB and USB-232 FTDI cable (J1: 6 pin header on BBB).
Is it really true that none of these connections are sufficient to download and run a c-code?
Does one really have to buy an emulator?
Is there no possibility to just download and run the code?

Can someone please explain to me, how to create a c-code on windows and run it on the beaglebone black board.

Thank you!

The JTAG header is used by the emulators. You can install it without buying the emulators, certainly. However, you can’t use it without the emulator. You have to connect something to it to use it.

To use CCS, you have to have an emulator.BTW, the emulator is a piece of HW required for access to the JTAG.

You do not need CCS to right code on the board.

Gerald

The JTAG header is used by the emulators. You can install it without buying the emulators, certainly. However, you can’t use it without the emulator. You have to connect something to it to use it.

To use CCS, you have to have an emulator.BTW, the emulator is a piece of HW required for access to the JTAG.

He can use GDBServer on the BBB and use GDB in CCSV6 to debug user applications on the BBB. He only needs JTAG emulator if he wants to debug kernel code.

Regards,
John

Sounds like solution of some sort…

Gerald