Connection Beaglebone Black WPA2

Hi all,

I am working with the Beaglebone Black Wireless Linux debian 4.9.45-ti-r57 in my university. I would like to connect it to my university’s eduroam-like network with my personnal credential (like I am connecting my computer to the wifi).
I look to several post and I successfully connected a Raspberry Pi setting those file:

• /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf where i added this :
    `

ctrl_interface=DIR=/var/run/wpa_supplicant GROUP=netdev
update_config=1
country=US

network={
ssid=“MyUniversityWifi”
scan_ssid=1
key_mgmt=WPA-EAP
group=CCMP TKIP
eap=PEAP
identity=“USERNAME”
password=“PASSWORD”
phase1=“peapver=0”
phase2=“auth=MSCHAPV2”
}
`

• sudo nano /etc/network/interfaces

`
auto lo

iface lo inet loopback
iface eth0 inet dhcp

allow-hotplug wlan0

iface wlan0 inet dhcp
pre-up wpa_supplicant -B -Dwext -i wlan0 -c /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_sup$
post-down killall -q wpa_supplicant
`

However, when it comes to setup the Beaglebone Black, adding the lines above in the files is not enough and I have to deal with Connman following these instructions: [https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/ConnMan#Connecting_to_eduroam_.28802.1X.29](https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/ConnMan#Connecting_to_eduroam_.28802.1X.29) , so I configured it in /var/lib/connman/MyUniversityWifi.config:
`

[service_MyUniversityWifi]
Type=wifi
Name=MyUniversityWifi
EAP=peap
CACertFile=/etc/ssl/certs/*certificate.pem*
Phase2=*MSCHAPV2*
Identity=*MyUserName*
Passphrase=*password*

`

And… It is not working, so I have several questions about this problem :

1. Am I doing any rookie mistake on the way I am configuring everything?
    ``

2. As far as I understand connman is working "on the top of" wpa_supplicant, so do I really need to setup wpa_supplicant when using connman or is connman going to configure wpa_supplicant by itself?

3. What is the role of connman in the Beaglebone black if the Raspberry Pi is able to connect to the network without using it?

4. Is it relevant to somehow disable connman? and will it allows me to connect to the wifi in the same as with the Raspberry?

5. I read the docs on connman, wpa supplicant and how to configure network interface, but I did not find any doc on how the interact together does someone knows where I can learn about this subject?

Thanks a lot,

Pierrick