Debian 8 vs Debian 9

I hope some of you experts can help with this issue.

I learned how to connect to internet via USB port and shared network connection and it works fine for me with Debian 8. However, I just loaded the latest Debain 9.5 and many things appear to be different: a) Windows device manager complains about “CDC Serial” driver; b) Serial port has changed (Win7 control pannel); c) Can’t connect to BBB using PuTTY USB-serial connection, SSH works; d) Network connections now show RNDIS network - not “Linux USB Ethernet/RNDIS Gadget” connection like with earlier Debian, e) I can’t connect BBB to internet using shared Network Connection, which is something I have no problems doing with earlier Debian. I still have Windows drivers that I installed when I first connected BBB running Debian 8.? Should I remove them, update them, or install the new drivers without touching the old ones? According to the new BBB instructions, Debian 9 doesn’t require any Windows drivers, but what if I already have them installed? Would that cause my network problems? I’ll be very grateful if you can help me with this one. In the meantime, I’m not flushing eMMC with the latest Debian. Thanks in advance, Nick

Any ideas?

If SSH works, then it is working.

The CDC driver is for Linux and Mac, so it is expected to show as an unknown device in Windows. This is not a problem.

Old drivers are not a problem.

Thank you very much David.
I certainly don’t care too much about not being able to connect via serial port, but, like I said, I can’t connect to Internet via shared network connection on my PC, which is something I have no problems doing with Debian 8.