Debug tool for M4 processors in BBAI

I’m still learning Linux and how the multi-processor scheme works, but I’ll share what I find out.

I forgot about that… probably worthwhile to read Professor Yoder’s PRU Cookbook as it would some light on pmsg/rproc and the IPC considerations for the C66x from the BeagleBone/BeagleBoard perspective…

Darren

People with 10k products in market use DSP for very fast matlab generated motor control the code is designed by PhDs in Control Theory. Same product uses PRU for LCD and extra UART. Product used every peripheral on ARM and DSP side used RTOS on DPS and communicated to TI c2000 DPS via SPI that did encoder. Notice the PRU controlled non hard realtime functions as the DSP ran bios with a clock tick in the nanoseconds. The only reason the PRU is deterministic is because it’s bare bones. This product the ARM is only a host running a fail safe industrial redundant networking protocol. It loads the DSP and starts the network stack. It also loads the C2000 and dumps debug info into a custom messaging queue high priority and low priority. The PRU UART ran a monitor to dump debug info from queues to debug. The controls theory generated filters ran on DSP. I do remember the PhDs and geniuses who designed this in two years got an algorithm from TI application engineer’s it set up the caches in in the shared memory the DPS code ran on to make it blazing fast. You get that kind of support when you buy 10k chips and deliver real products consistently. The ARM ran Greenhill Integrity came with a BSP to initialize MUM and a custom second phase loader written by board support geniuses at GreenHills. You kind of support when buy a proven RTOS. Check the block diagrams to confirm the shared memory exists between PRU and DSP it may not exist if not make sure PRU can access DDR.

The advantage of using the SDK is it covers all the pieces. C6xx GCC support makes it less turnkey. ASK is turnkey it’s what they give you with EVM to get products to market fast. IMO you mix Apple’s and oranges and they go rotten in the barrel which farmer do you ask for help? The Apple farmer points at the orange farmer :smiley::rofl::joy: