Desparately need libpcap and libpcap-dev !

Hello All;

I am (still) trying to get Wireshark to build on the latest Angstrom distribution.

I am at the point now where ./configure is looking for ‘pcap.h’ and can’t find it.

I tried opkg list to find “libpcap” and it doesn’t appear to be in the standard repository.

Does anybody know a solution to this ? I have pasted the error from ./ config below.

Thanks

Bill

From WireShark “Configure”:

checking whether to use libpcap for packet capture… yes

checking for pcap-config… no

checking for extraneous pcap header directories… not found

checking pcap.h usability… no

checking pcap.h presence… no

checking for pcap.h… no

configure: error: Header file pcap.h not found; if you installed libpcap

from source, did you also do “make install-incl”, and if you installed a

binary package of libpcap, is there also a developer’s package of libpcap,

and did you also install that package?

Hello All;

I am (still) trying to get Wireshark to build on the latest Angstrom distribution.
I am at the point now where ./configure is looking for ‘pcap.h’ and can’t find it.

I tried opkg list to find “libpcap” and it doesn’t appear to be in the standard repository.

Did you do 'opkg update' first?

root@beaglebone:~# opkg list | grep pcap
gst-plugins-bad-pcapparse - 0.10.23-r5.0 - gst-plugins-bad version 0.10.23-r5
GStreamer plugin for pcapparse
gst-plugins-bad-pcapparse-dev - 0.10.23-r5.0 - gst-plugins-bad version 0.10.23-r5
GStreamer plugin for pcapparse (development files)
libpcap-dbg - 1.3.0-r3.0.13 - Interface for user-level network packet capture - Debugging files
libpcap-dev - 1.3.0-r3.0.13 - Interface for user-level network packet capture - Development files
libpcap-doc - 1.3.0-r3.0.13 - Interface for user-level network packet capture - Documentation files
libpcap-staticdev - 1.3.0-r3.0.13 - Interface for user-level network packet capture - Development files (Static Libraries)
libpcap1 - 1.3.0-r3.0.13 - Interface for user-level network packet capture
libpcap1 - 1.3.0-r3.0.14