Disable X in new Rev C Debian Image

I will certainly take a look into it, maybe my university will be abble to get one to the library. Thank you.

Brem, it sounds like me you need to slow down. It also sounds as though for the several posts you’ve made that Windows is your primary desktop OS.

So, this is what I might suggest for you. Start with Virtualbox( virtual machine software ), and install Debian on it. Only a cmdline version (no X-Windows ), and start experimenting. Read posts on the groups here that you have interest on, and google for information about each given process / feature.

Over time you’ll find out that 90-95% of your questions / answers have nothing to do with the beaglebone hardware, but is more( all ) about Linux instead. Mostly, the more experience you have with Linux, the better off you will be. I know this from experience because prior to owning a beaglebone black I had zero experience with embedded Linux, but several years of hand on with Debian i386 on desktop, workstation, and server x86 based systems. So, just slow down instead of trying to absorb everything all at once, and you shold be able to focus, and learn.

Hello William,
Thank you for the advice. You are right about me when you say that my main os is Windows, but not for 100%. I work on vmware and Linux osses for a longer time now. This is my 1st real aproach on embedded linux though, normally I wrote bare metal code for mcus.
Im always eager to learn, but it happens for a time that you have no time and theres like one blocking point for you, but it grows over time. It still remains a blocking point for the project though :p. Also, theres the fact that I find my way around a lot better in hardware than software (especially high level).
I will get there eventually, I really aprichite the help given by community. I am really waiting for the book from Mr Derek Molloy to come out, to bad its release date is getting moved. I didnt know about the book from Mr Polstra that seems very helpfull as well and as I said maybe my university could buy one paper version for my use and if not, ill get it mysalfe :).

Hello Mr Polstra,
I have managed to buy the pdf version of the book, im exited about the content. However there is one major drawback for an ebook lovel like me! You have forgotten to add bookmarks to the pdf :P!

W dniu 2014-09-30 13:28, Philip Polstra pisze:

I’ll mention it to the publisher.

Yeah it had to be the publishers mistake maybe, because the ePub version has bookmarks. Hope it can be fixed :).