Driving servos with face position detected from OpenCV?

Hey guys!
I’m just getting started with my BBB, and the possibility to integrate camera vision in robotic project is what I’m most looking forward to get from BBB.

Appologise first, I’m not very experienced with Linux and c++ at all – and I guess this is why I found it so hard to get started with OpenCV for BBB, even though there are a lot of examples online already.
Ok, let me try my best to explain the issue.

According to beaglebone.org, we can use BoneScript to control PWM pins allowing us to drive servos.
On the other hand, we can use OpenCV c++ to detect face positions.
The question is, what should I do if I want to drive the servos based on the face detected with OpenCV?

Does that mean I have to write the entire application in c++?
Or is there a way to just pass data from the c++ program with OpenCV (only the face position) into a servo driving application written in BoneScript?

I guess my options are:

1. c++ face detect position with OpenCV + BoneScript application driving servo.

2. Python: OpenCV in python + Python IO BBIO + driving servo with py application

3. c++: c++ OpenCV, c++ drive servo

I have NO experience with c++, little bit experience with python, ok with Javascript and java?

What do you guys think? Which options are more feasible?
Any better suggestions?

Sorry I’m not a computer scientist so I apologies if anything I’m saying sounds silly or doesn’t make sense.
Thank you guys in advance!
Shanshan

How about using node.js OpenCV bindings such as;

https://github.com/peterbraden/node-opencv

Though I’m not sure on the OpenCV functionalities implemented in

this package.

Hi Sunjin
Thank you!
This looks really promising, I will give it a go and let you guys know how it goes.

Hi all…I want to perform Image processing tasks in BBB which runs Debian Linux… so I need to install OpenCV on BBB… It seems i should install cmake in prior… I dont have direct internet connection to my BBB… I tried to download OpenCV from github.com as a ZIP file and i copied it to BBB using pendrive…Can anyone please guide me how to install cmake on BBB?? i tried to download cmake and ended up in incomplete build… please help me … your ideas will be really appreciated

Thanks in advance :slight_smile: