DSP and Beagleboard xM

I’ve been away from my Beagleboard xM for a few months, but last time I really dug into it, kernel 3.8 did not have any support for the dsplink type software we could use on the beagle board xM a few years ago. I remember someone mentioning how TI was working on a new DSP driver (with OpenCL support) that would be ready for kernel 3.12. Did anything ever come of this? I’m all to aware that TI has been pretty slow at releasing drivers for the rapidly changing kernels, just curious if anyone in the know has caught wind of anything, or if we’re in the same boat as SGX for kernel 3.8+

• Nathaniel Lewis

Support for the dsp is still dead in the water for the omap3 on mainline.

Regards,

I’ve been away from my Beagleboard xM for a few months, but last time I really dug into it, kernel 3.8 did not have any support for the dsplink type software we could use on the beagle board xM a few years ago. I remember someone mentioning how TI was working on a new DSP driver (with OpenCL support) that would be ready for kernel 3.12. Did anything ever come of this? I’m all to aware that TI has been pretty slow at releasing drivers for the rapidly changing kernels, just curious if anyone in the know has caught wind of anything, or if we’re in the same boat as SGX for kernel 3.8+

I did have SysLink working on v3.2. The successor to SysLink was RPMSG (SysLink v3) which is in mainline and supports OMAP4, OMAP5 and OMAPL138. There is no RPMSG support for OMAP3.

Regards,
John