Dude, where's my BeagleBone Black?

SparkFun has 24 in stock as of a few minutes ago 6/12/2014

Hi,
FWIW I got an email overnight (4am Aussie time) saying Adafruit had restocked.

By the time I'd woken up and got to my computer about 4 hours later, they'd sold out. I note that Sparkfun have also sold out.

I did have email notifications set up from Element 14, but I've not heard about their stock level.

Cheers,

Pete.

Special Computing has stock in BBB kits and boards.

BeagleBone Black Store

Special Computing
+1-480-818-5745

I must be missing something...

What's with the three different prices? The difference as pictured between 'Kit (Hobbyist)' and 'Kit' seems non-existent, and I find it hard to imagine that the 'Board' (a) isn't shipped in a box (b) costs $15 more for not having a box or USB cable.

I don't get it.

Pete.

will that be a story with an end?

Today i asked again at TIGAL. So they are waiting for a sending
receipt (since 14 days..) As soon they get, blabla...
No fixed date at all....... I guess i could be happy with end of this
month or the next.....

well lets say I am just speechless anymore .....

****On Tue, Jun 3, 2014****
still waiting.... till.......

dudes, is there now a fixed delivery date?

There was a promise for mid of may, now ist the begining of June -
nothing changed...
If you ask at some dealer they expect with end of June..... (but still
with a maybe)

Isn´t that a kind of craziness, is it?

Adafruit had stock for several days straight (posted Friday afternoon,
still had boards through Monday mid-day), and I just got an e-mail my
RevC from Sparkfun (on back-order since the RevC was announced) has
finally shipped.

So it looks like things are at least getting better...

Hello everyone :slight_smile:
In fact I’ve been looking for a Beaglebone Black but apparently it’s not available yet… I just wanted to ask about the Embest (Element14) clone. Is it safe to use? I mean are there major differences when it comes to the quality of hardware? Because I really need to buy one and I wanted to make sure because it’s so expensive for us here in Tunisia.
Thank you in advance

Medhi,

I recently purchased a BBB Rev C from Element14 and it works fine. Only difference I can see so far is that the white card that comes with it references www.element14.com/element14_BBB instead of

http://circuitco.com/support/BeagleBoneBlack which now actually redirects to
http://elinux.org/Beagleboard:BeagleBoneBlack. I have used Newark/Element14 before and had no problems.

Thank you for the calrifications :slight_smile: I’ll get one soon then.
By the way my name is Mehdi not “Medhi” :smiley:

Have a nice day :slight_smile:

I have had a BBB rev C on backorder with Jameco since April 9th. Called them last week and they say it is likely to be mid to late August until it ships. I looked around (Adafruit, Sparkfun, etc…) and they still say out of stock.

All I want is 1 for a hobby project, perhaps those ordering 100s-1000s are getting priority?

Then watch Adafruit as they get weekly shipments. Or try Special Computing…

Gerald

Be prepared to buy ‘now’, sign up for the email in stock alert from Adafruit. When the email arrives, go online ‘now’ and purchase.

Since the "C’s " have been shipping, I’ve purchased 2 this way.

-david

Thanks. I was under the (mistaken) assumption that all the vendors would be in the same boat. Just cancelled my Jameco order and have the phone set to buzz me when Adafruit says my new toy has arrived.

Kind regards,
Parker Mackenzie

Special Computing has dedicated stock reserved for hobbyists so we typically are always in stock (we don’t use marketing ploys with email signups).
We typically ship same day from Arizona preferring USPS Priority Mail for 2-3 day delivery (next flight out service available).

https://specialcomp.com/beaglebone/

Special Computing
480-818-5745

http://www.elinux.org/Beagleboard:BeagleBoneBlack#Board_Shipments

Gerald

You just lost major points with that cheap shot. I do NOT view the email stock alerts as a “marketing ploy”

-david

I live in the UK and have a BBB (Rev C) coming from Element 14 Farnell UK next week.

It’s been on back order for just under one month.

However, any new orders made to Farnell (Element 14) for BBB are now shipping late August onwards.

From what I gather Farnell have their BBB’s built by a 3rd party company and adhere to the original designers specification.

I’m looking forward to writing programs which do not require tedious Assembler.

All the best,

M.