Error on menuconfig

Hi all,
I was trying to do menuconfig by “bitbake -c menuconfig virtual/kernel”. However I got the following error message: ERROR: No valid terminal found, unable to open devshell.
I checked the log file, it says:
DEBUG: Attempting to spawn terminal “gnome”
DEBUG: Attempting to spawn terminal “konsole”
DEBUG: Attempting to spawn terminal “xfce”
DEBUG: Attempting to spawn terminal “rxvt”
DEBUG: Attempting to spawn terminal “xterm”
DEBUG: Attempting to spawn terminal “screen”
ERROR: No valid terminal found, unable to open devshell
ERROR: Function failed: do_menuconfig

Any idea?

It turns out that the error is because I use Linux Mint for for cross compiling, which uses mate-terminal that is not recognized by BeagleBoard. I solved it by installing gnome-terminal.
I got in to another problem: Right now menuconfig is executed without any error message, but there’s no menu for me to setup anything. I suppose there should be an interactive menu. Am I missing anything?

When i tried menuconfig, i was getting a terminal window that just opened and closed, and the bitbake informed that the menuconfig process was successfull. But messing around with the logfiles, i found i was missing libncurses. Once i installed it, i got the interactive menu you said.
And before this, i was having problem with gnome-terminal, so i changed the terminal command to use xterm, like:
echo ‘TERMCMD = “${XTERM_TERMCMD}”’ >> build/conf/local.conf
echo ‘TERMCMDRUN = “${XTERM_TERMCMDRUN}”’ >> build/conf/local.conf

Then i had no more problems.
I hope it helps

The same here. The terminal window popped up and disappeared. I tried both gnome-terminal and xterm and both are the same.
Logfile for gnome-terminal:

Logfile for xterm:
DEBUG: Attempting to spawn terminal “konsole”
DEBUG: Attempting to spawn terminal “xfce”
DEBUG: Attempting to spawn terminal “rxvt”
DEBUG: Attempting to spawn terminal “xterm”

Any idea?