Few queries regarding Installation of qemu

Hello Everyone !

I am Satyam Zode , Actually this year I want to contribute to BeagleBone.org in upcoming GSoC 15.
I am using Ubuntu 14.04 LTS . I have successfully done cross compilation using eclipse , I have written one simple Hello World program in C .
But I am getting error in terminal .

`

root@Krsna:/home/satyam/beaglebone# arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc -o exe file.c
root@Krsna:/home/satyam/beaglebone# ./exe
bash: ./exe: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error

`

To solve above error I found solution qemu (Since I don’t have BBB board ) . I found the qemu package and installed it .
I am facing following issues :

1. In order to run binary which OS (disk image) should I install ?

2. Should I go for armel or armhf or bone-debian ? (If further I want go for development of beaglebone black board) .

3. After installation how shall I proceed for development of beaglebone projects mentioned on idea page ? (If I am versed in C/C++ and python).
    I saw on idea page there are some projects which are Linux kernel related . To dive in domain of kernel development for ARM , I have build Linux kernel 3.19 on my system.
    Queries :

4. How shall I proceed further ?

5. Where do I find EasyToFix bugs ? (Of course related to kernel and RTOS related project ) .

6. Any guidelines for given work or projects ?
    Please help me with this and feel free to point out any mistake . Thank you so much for your time. Looking forward to receiving your reply !

Satyam Zode,
PICT , Pune

Hello Everyone !

I am Satyam Zode , Actually this year I want to contribute to BeagleBone.org in upcoming GSoC 15.
I am using Ubuntu 14.04 LTS . I have successfully done cross compilation using eclipse , I have written one simple Hello World program in C .
But I am getting error in terminal .

`

root@Krsna:/home/satyam/beaglebone# arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc -o exe file.c
root@Krsna:/home/satyam/beaglebone# ./exe
bash: ./exe: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error

`

To solve above error I found solution qemu (Since I don’t have BBB board ) . I found the qemu package and installed it .
I am facing following issues :

1. In order to run binary which OS (disk image) should I install ?
  2. Should I go for armel or armhf or bone-debian ? (If further I want go for development of beaglebone black board) .
  3. After installation how shall I proceed for development of beaglebone projects mentioned on idea page ? (If I am versed in C/C++ and python).

I have successfully found answers to above queries on IRC . I have also send Pull Request [1] . I request to Jason Kridner , please review the Pull Request .

I saw on idea page there are some projects which are Linux kernel related . To dive in domain of kernel development for ARM , I have build Linux kernel 3.19 on my system.
Queries :

1. How shall I proceed further ?
  2. Where do I find EasyToFix bugs ? (Of course related to kernel and RTOS related project ) .
  3. Any guidelines for given work or projects ?
    Please help me with this and feel free to point out any mistake . Thank you so much for your time. Looking forward to receiving your reply !

Since cross compilation is done , I want to begin further development . So please suggest what’s next ?

[1] : Demo for GSoC 2015 Application by satyamz · Pull Request #29 · jadonk/gsoc-application · GitHub

Please select a project that interests you, or propose a new one. You can start by looking at the objectives of the said project and discussing the finer details with the corresponding mentors on IRC.