I am trying to configure the Servo Cape. It seems there are some changes w/ this image and kernel:
uname -a: Linux BeagleBone 5.10.168-ti-arm64-r111 #1bullseye SMP Tue Sep 26 14:22:20 UTC 2023 aarch64 GNU/Linux
cat /etc/dogtag: BeagleBoard.org Debian Bullseye Minimal Image 2023-01-13
Here is another concern when using git to clone on current gitlab repos:
fatal: unable to access 'https://git.beagleboard.org/beagleboard/BeagleBoard-DeviceTrees.git/': server certificate verification failed. CAfile: none CRLfile: none
I have tried many things to help another person w/ the Servo Cape and…
- The difference in image and kernel is obvious
- He/She uses an Ubuntu image kernel while I am using Debian
- I plug in the Cape, apply the .dtbo, and it is recognized but the source does not work
- Everything, source wise, seems to run w/out error but the servo does not move
- I was thinking that maybe the GPIO is off
On the BBB, I used to use GPIO68 w/ the Cape Interface Spec. and this seemed to get the on/off mechanisms to work when starting and stopping motor movement from the PCA9685 onboard the Servo Cape.
Since then, esp. more recently, I have been having some trouble b/c of lack of understandings w/ the Spec, current images and what is available on these images, and all while attempting to pitch in when available to help someone who needs support.
P.S. Anyway, I am working on the BBAI-64 right now w/ listed images/kernels and the Servo Cape.