GSOC 2015: BeagleBone Open-Source Project Proposal

Hello everyone,

I am Tanmay, pre-final undergraduate student pursuing ECE at The LNM IIT.

I always had an idea to make an open-source BeableBone library capable of communicating with the vehicle’s internal-network. By using cheap and generic hardware, along with software library on BeagleBone, the developers would be able to extract wealth of information from the Diagnostic port of car.

This would provide the community a platform where developers can build various applications based on the extracted and parsed data, carry research on various driving patterns, V2V communications etc.

Please suggest on how to proceed with this.

Thanks and Regards,
Tanmay Chaturvedi

Do you mean using the OBD port ? Do you have any experience with this ?
I think this would be a wonderful idea if you can define a concrete set of goals for the same. Please make sure that you add the idea here : http://elinux.org/BeagleBoard/GSoC/Ideas

Hi Mr. Anuj,

Yes exactly. I mean the same thing, using the OBD-II port of any commercial vehicle. Giving a platform to the developer to leverage a wealth of information from the port.
I have a vast experience working on the OBD-II port of vehicles of 8 different manufacturers in the Indian market.

Please provide me details on how to proceed with this idea and please tell me how to add this project on the link you gave.

Thanks,
Tanmay

I’d suggest that you talk to mentors on #beagle-gsoc (Freenode) on IRC about your idea and try getting someone onboard this.