GSOC Project Idea : Library of Arduino-compatible functions for StarterWare

Hi all,
I am a 3rd year student currently pursuing Electronics and Communication Engineering.

I would like to contribute to BeagleBoard Org. I went through the GSoC ideas page and found the project Library of Arduino-compatible functions for StarterWare interesting. I have gone through Energia libraries also on github.

I have experience in making lcd jhd162a library for Atmega 16a. I have worked with Arduino too and interfaced XBee wth Arduino Uno.

I have bought Beaglebone Black and Texas Instruments MSP430and I want to contribute something using these interesting boards.

Please guide me. Looking forward to start contributing to the project and to the org.

Thank You

Hi,
From this project as far as I understand, we need to make an OS independent library like StaterWare for Beaglebone Black which can access the hardware without accessing through OS. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I have gone through the github files for Energia but I am not able to understand that from which file should I start to make libraries for Beaglebone Black.
Jason Kridner can you please help me to get started with making these files.

Thank You

Hi,
From this project as far as I understand, we need to make an OS independent library like StaterWare for Beaglebone Black which can access the hardware without accessing through OS. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Yes, that’s one of the project ideas.

I have gone through the github files for Energia but I am not able to understand that from which file should I start to make libraries for Beaglebone Black.

What have you tried. Where did you get stuck?

We should see if Robert can help out. Have you tried to contact him letting him know what you are looking to do?

Hi,

Yes, that’s one of the project ideas.

What have you tried. Where did you get stuck?

We should see if Robert can help out. Have you tried to contact him letting him know what you are looking to do?

Jason do you mean

Thank You

Thank You