Hide (or disable) Angstrom login screen

I have a service that launches a Qt GUI application at startup. However, right before the GUI is ran, the Angstrom login screen can be seen for about 1 second while the application is loading. Is there a way to hide or disable the login? I suppose I could display a splash screen for the application, which would put it on top of the login, but if I can hide the login altogether, that would be preferred. Thanks!

Even I am on the same situation. Trying to find a way!

Disable GDM and start your Qt application in frame buffer (-qws) ?

Thanks, but I’m not using gnome so I don’t have the gdm service. I’m talking about the terminal login.

I guess you could disable all virtual consoles in /etc/inittab ; you might want to enable serial and/or remote (SSH) login in case anything goes weird.
– J.B

2012/8/9 Brent <brents_3@hotmail.com>

I guess you could disable all virtual consoles in /etc/inittab ; you might want to enable serial and/or remote (SSH) login in case anything goes weird.
– J.B

I remember, long back I have achieved this my using mingetty

exec /sbin/mingetty --autologin exnxt tty1

– J.B

I remember, long back I have achieved this my using mingetty

exec /sbin/mingetty --autologin exnxt tty1

exnxt-user-name

Actually, since it seems that Angstrom uses systemd instead of inittab, you will want to edit the /etc/systemd/system/getty.target.wants/getty@tty1.service and replace the ExecStart command.

2012/8/9 Siji Sunny <sijisunny@gmail.com>

That worked. Thanks!

I also am using a BBB and need to auto login and use Qt. Could you provide some code on how launch Qt and bypass the login?