High Resolution Times (compared to STM32H7)

Hi all,
I am looking for some features like HR timer available in STM32H7, double core. Could I set up at least the same resolution timer of 2.1ns?

I would only need a variable signal up to say 3 Mhz with stepping 1% and accuracy at least 0.5%. Is this possible with BeagleV?

Timers have not yet been added to the public datasheet: beaglev_doc/JH7100 Data Sheet V01.01.04-EN (4-21-2021).pdf at main · starfive-tech/beaglev_doc · GitHub

I will ask StarFive about the capabilities of the SoC and get back to you.

OK, but could you temme, if it`s correct:

I plan to use FreeBSD, but reserve one core (of the two @1.5 GHz) and generate square oscillations up to 2-3 MHz in a realtime app (using GPIO?). The resolution of steps should be about +/-1% or less, exactness 0.5% or better. I would disable all the interruptions, is it possible or I have to add some external chip?

@yiming.li @michael.zhu could you advise as to capabilities of timers?

The highest frequency of WDT timers in JH7100 is 50Mhz. But we do not check it’s stepping and accuracy. I think that WDT timers in beagleV maybe satisfy your 2-3Mhz needs.

The problem is that I need rather accurate and stable oscillations, with step +/- 1%. Would be possible reserving one entire core for that (with interrupts and all disabled), similarly like Cortex R82?

I am sorry that U74 on beagleV board are not design for Real-Time processor. Hence I think it can not compare with Coretex R82 directly. We do not check stepping and accuracy of WDT timer in the SoC. Can you do it youself? Thanks for your understanding.

OK, that means I can do it directly using ASM and GPIO? So it’s possible to reserve one core for that? 1GHz should be enough I think…