How can I know my Angstrom Distribution version?

Well, that!

I´m having trouble setting my clock, wifi, adafriut python library …etc so I was thinking to update my Distro.

Is any command where I can get my Distro version?

Regards.

Well, that!

I´m having trouble setting my clock, wifi, adafriut python library …etc so I was thinking to update my Distro.

ntpdate time.nist.gov

Should set the clock. Note that although the BBB has an RTC, it has no battery, so it doesn’t remember the time!

Is any command where I can get my Distro version?

lsb_release -a

And you can also look at the contents of /etc/dogtag

If you’re using Angstrom, then get the timestamp-service package. It should preserve the (approximate) clock time across power cycles. The clock time is saved at shutdown and reloaded at reboot. This doesn’t account for time elapsed between shutdown and reboot, but it’s usually much better than starting from zero.

Craig

I follow: http://derekmolloy.ie/automatically-setting-the-beaglebone-black-time-using-ntp/
but still cant set my time. I think that is why I cant get Adafruit library etc.

Even

root@beaglebone:~# ntpdate -b -s -u pool.ntp.org

dont work.

I follow: http://derekmolloy.ie/automatically-setting-the-beaglebone-black-time-using-ntp/
but still cant set my time. I think that is why I cant get Adafruit library etc.

I’ve also tried to get ntp to work, but it doesn’t, even with the -g option (ntp won’t adjust the time if the offset is more than a certain amount).

Even

root@beaglebone:~# ntpdate -b -s -u pool.ntp.org

dont work.

This does work for me, I don’t use the -b, -s or -u options. Are you sure your router or ISP isn’t somehow blocking the NTP requests?

Try a couple of other NTP servers (as root):

ntpdate time.apple.com
ntpdate ntp.ubuntu.com

Yes!!! that was the problem!!.. When I fail to ping from my desktop I realise that a firewall or sth was blocking my request. Although I have internet (web access) this kind of request are blocked.

I just finish my time config and download adafruit library, adafruit webIDE etc…

Thanks for your help!-