How do I deploy code generated using Cloud9 to run on boot-up, without connection to the host?

I’m just getting started with my BeaglBone.
I’ve gotten past running the blinkled.js example under Cloud9 and doing a few other simple tasks. Iv’e done this with both PC and Mac as host.

Now, how do I deploy the code so it will run without connection to a host? That is, it should run independently when the BeagleBone is booted.

Thanks

Make a copy of /lib/systemd/system/bone101.service and change it to your needs.

regards,

Koen

Thanks for your answer. I'm sorry for being so ignorant about this.
My assumption is that Cloud9 is creating javascript files -somewhere- in the BB file system and you are telling me I should edit a linux script to include commands to execute the Cloud9 JavaScript code on startup.

1) Is my understanding correct?

If so

2) how do I 'see' the rest of the BB file structure? I enter "ls -al" and all I get is:
File structure looks empty. And I can't go up further.
This is the case when using Putty from windows and also when using the Mac terminal program.

3) Where do I go to get a more detailed, tutorial explanation of these things?

Thanks again.

Thanks for your answer. I’m sorry for being so ignorant about this.
My assumption is that Cloud9 is creating javascript files -somewhere- in the BB file system and you are telling me I should edit a linux script to include commands to execute the Cloud9 JavaScript code on startup.

1. Is my understanding correct?

If so

Yes… here is a hint…

Rename the file, remove all of the things you don’t need (like starting up services - don’t want to start them twice), then edit this to point to your file

[Service]
WorkingDirectory=/var/lib/cloud9
ExecStart=/usr/bin/node —> bone101.js <-----

Then add the service (see systemd documentation).

1. how do I ‘see’ the rest of the BB file structure? I enter “ls -al” and all I get is:

File structure looks empty. And I can’t go up further.
    This is the case when using Putty from windows and also when using the Mac terminal program.

The cloud9 files are stored here: /var/lib/cloud9

1. Where do I go to get a more detailed, tutorial explanation of these things?

Google… search for cloud9 or node.js to get information on those things. Search for systemd for information on the startup services that Koen mentioned.
The documentation is there you just need to find it and see how it applies to your situation. When done, post your experiences so others can learn from you.

Thanks for your answer. I’m sorry for being so ignorant about this.

1. Is my understanding correct?

If so

Yes… here is a hint…

Clarification… Copy then rename the copy to something you want to…